Saturday, August 02, 2008

This will be a very lengthy post about a certain project and certain people. No names here. Though its kinda bloody obvious.

What i don't get is your nonchalence towards the subject. Surely you can't be ignorant of everything that has happened.

Do you not know that we have a DEADLINE? That we are extremely behind in our schedule? That we have information unsubstantiated which will come back to haunt us when we're being audited?

Sure you don't. That's why every weekend you're off partying and enjoying, no news from you until monday. While I get to spend my weekends cooped up in front of the computer. Fantastic. You even get to spend the past few weeks focusing on a totally different project just because you think there's someone covering this project for you.

Time allocated aside, there's quality of work to be mentioned. How much time have you taken just to prepare a simple piece of document? I understand that its good to have fun while you're doing your work, but ultimately we're doing a project which has deadlines to meet. What's the point of spending weeks creating funny sounding names for your staff? Worse, when you return me your work, its not even complete.

How many times have you actually tried to figure anything out? How many times have you actually spent time sitting at the computer and trying to figure out why it doesn't balance? Why it doesn't work? All you've done so far is look at the screen for that half of a second before turning to me and say: "i dunno"

Do you really not feel any sense of guilt when you're not doing anything for the project?

To be fair. I know i'm a demanding leader. I know i can be dictatorial in my ways. But really, if you were able to give me that sense of assurance on your competency, i would love to sit back and let you share some of the burden. But the work i see from you is riddled with careless mistakes which are time consuming to correct.

Maybe you're taking advantage of my personality of perfectionism to avoid work, maybe you're not. At this point it matters not anymore.

At this point, my words fail me. Continuing with this tirade will probably make me snap and go crazy.

Its all very disappointing. Thinking back, when you exclaimed that you wanted to be together with me in a group for this project. I had foolishly thought you wanted so because we were good friends.

In the words of a good friend of mine, "tio bait"

I guess my biggest disappointment was that day, before all this even began. When i told you i couldn't go through this alone and i needed your help. You gave me a smile and said,




"of course"

No comments: